MSc Internship –Business case regenerative & regional Texel Oat
Dapper. is a recently founded brand that aspires to support regenerative farmer who dare to farm with nature (dapper means brave in Dutch). Dapper. aims to co-create new business models and income sources with and for its participating farmers. Dapper. was founded by 2 sheep farmers who have the ambition to create a movement of farmers on the island Texel, who take the challenging route of regenerative agriculture. Texel being a popular holiday destination Dapper. is trying to make the guests of the island invest into its beauty and regeneration of biodiversity. Dapper.started to market lamb meat, then integrated peas (that are also grown as feed for the sheep) and now wants to extend to oats. Oats is a great crop for soil quality, is loved by sheep and it is a super food for humans. The objective of the internship is to develop the business case, with a focus on the technical feasibility for a scalable business model where we start with a small production capacity serving Texel and can gradually scale to serving the Netherlands and Germany.
• Desk research on reference cases
• Exploration of technical alternatives
• Market size scenarios
• Portfolio vision (drinks, granola, oats, beer, …)
• Business case
Education and experience
What kind of student are we looking for?
• Combining interest and some experience in food processing & business
• Basic knowledge of food processing and business economics
• Experience needed: has the ability to work independently in a network of stakeholders
• Dutch is the preferred language, English can work too.
• Affinity with the transition of the food system.
The internship company
As stated above, Dapper. is a small start-up. Key people:
• Dirk van der Beek – business leader – https://www.linkedin.com/in/dirkvanderbeek/
• Emmie Monster – program manager – https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmiemonster/
• Jan-Willem Bakker – initiating farmer
• Mark Frederiks – co founder and smartchain entrepreneur – https://www.linkedin.com/in/markfrederiks/
We gladly offer you an amazing experience on Texel, participating in all the great things the island has to offer. Please send your CV and cover letter(motivation) to Dirk: email@example.com